Isabelle Truong – Psychotherapist & Family Mediator
I am a fully qualified psychotherapist, and a registered Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner, with a passion to help people overcome difficulties in their personal and professional lives. I provide a safe, supportive and non-judgmental environment to assist you explore the things that are bothering you, help you recognise and change the patterns in your life that are causing problems and review your options as you decide what’s best for you.
The main focus of my practice is in family and relationship counselling. I can help you understand your needs and create the kind of relationship you want with friends/family members/ work colleagues OR re-ignite the passion and intimacy in your current relationship or marriage.
I am also an experienced career counsellor. I can assist you in developing strategies for career success in today’s economic landscape where the work environment is constantly changing and no longer offers stability due to globalisation, downsizing and advance technology. I take a holistic approach in my career counselling in that I attend to both career and personal-emotional issues as they are inter-twined and impact on one another.
The same holistic approach also applies when I mediate unresolved issues between disputed parties in that I assist my clients to look at issues from different perspectives and understand how underlying values/beliefs/ fear can affect their negotiations in achieving positive outcomes.
I am also a group facilitator and conduct interpersonal group workshops, drugs & alcohol support groups and depression support groups.
How Isabelle can help you
In therapy with me, you will receive my undivided attention as we work together to identify your feelings. It might be guilt, anger, fear, sadness, shame, depression or anxiety that arises from what has happened to you. You will discover that the underlying causes of these feelings can undermine all your relationships and have a negative impact on your mental health.
Unresolved grief and loss can result in depression, self-harm and substance abuse as you try to numb your feelings. Together, we’ll work to change the way you perceive your situation and abandon strategies that no longer work. I will help you come to terms with whatever losses you may be struggling with and assist you to positively move forward. In all instances, integrity, creativity and empathy guide my work. I have the capacity to help you identify your strengths and embark on a new path towards achieving your goals and fulfilling your dreams.
- Relationship Family mediation
- Post-natal depression Anxiety / Depression
- Self-esteem Grief & Loss
- Drug & Alcohol Career counselling
- Bachelor of Counselling & Human Change
- Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution
- Black Dog Institute trained Support Group Facilitator
- Black Dog Institute Perinatal in Practice Professional Education Program
- Certificate of Coaching for Psychotherapist
- Certificate of Narrative Therapy
- Certificate of Sandplay Therapy
- Member of Australian Counselling Association Inc.
- Member of LEADR Association of Dispute Resolvers
- Member of National Mediator Accreditation
- Member of PANDA -(Post and Antenatal Depression Association Inc)
- Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner Reg. R1004886
- Medibank Private Provider No. 1376891F
- Professionally Insured