I am a highly experienced clinical counsellor and a registered family dispute resolution practitioner. I am passionate about empowering my clients to be change agents to overcome difficulties in their personal and professional lives.
The main focus of my practice is in relationship counselling, working with individuals, couples and family to improve and resolve interpersonal conflicts.
We seek and maintain connection (our attachment) with significant others as an essential part of being human. So when we feel secure in relationships, we can reach out to others and deal with conflict and stress positively. The key to a healthy relationship depends on our ability to engage emotionally, be more responsive and repair our attachment injury.
Research has shown that strong and healthy relationships, whether social or intimate, have a positive impact on our physical and mental wellbeing. People with poor relationships are more likely to suffer from depression and loneliness. Therefore it is more damaging to live in conflict or within a toxic relationship than being alone.
HOW I CAN HELP YOU
You will receive my undivided attention. I provide a safe, supportive, and non-judgmental environment, where we can explore issues that are bothering you, identify your feelings and assess your needs.
I can help you recognise and change the negative patterns that are causing you problems. It might be guilt, anger, fear, sadness, shame, depression or anxiety that arises from what has happened to you. The underlying causes of these feelings can undermine all your relationships and have a negative impact on your mental health.
Unresolved grief and loss can result in depression, self-harm and substance abuse as you try to numb your feelings. We’ll work together to change the way you perceive your situation and abandon strategies that no longer work. I will assist you to positively move forward.
In all instances, integrity, creativity and empathy guide my work. I have the capacity to help you identify your strengths and embark on a new path towards achieving your goals and fulfilling your dreams.
- Family Dispute Resolution
- Life transitions
- Low self-esteem
- Post-natal depression
- Career counselling
- Bachelor of Counselling & Human Change
- Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution
- ACA Certified Clinical Supervisor
- Black Dog Institute trained R.E.A.C.H. Support Group Facilitator for Depression & Bi-polar mood disorders
- Black Dog Institute Perinatal in Practice Professional Education Program
- Member of Australian Counselling Association (ACA No. 9763)
- Member of Australian Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists (ARCAP)
- Practitioner Member of Mediation Institute No. 0148
- Member of the Australian & NZ Mental Health Association
- Member of PANDA (Post and Ante-natal Depression Association Inc.)
- Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner Reg. R1004886
- Professionally Insured
- Bupa Health Insurance Provider J000173
- Medibank Private Provider no. 1376891F
- Police Health Fund Provider no. AC09763T