A highly experienced clinical counsellor and a registered family dispute resolution practitioner. The main focus of my practice is in relationship counselling, working with individuals, couples and families to improve and resolve interpersonal conflicts.
I am passionate about empowering my clients to overcome difficulties, explore choices then make decisions that are right for them. My desire is to to help individuals to heal and thrive in troubled relationships, and not just survive.
I understand that dealing with conflict, separation and change is hard and filled with difficult emotions, therefore, I want to provide a mediation process that will allow divorced couples to transition to an independent future with minimal residual damage, emotionally and financially, and that includes a healthy co-parenting relationship, when there are children involved.
HOW I CAN HELP YOU
You will receive my undivided attention. I provide a safe, supportive, and non-judgmental environment, where we can explore issues that are bothering you, identify your feelings and assess your needs. My therapeutic style is open, gentle and respectful, but direct.
I can help you recognise and change the negative patterns that are causing you problems. It might be guilt, anger, fear, sadness, shame, depression or anxiety that arises from what has happened to you. The underlying causes of these feelings can undermine all your relationships and have a negative impact on your mental health.
Unresolved grief and loss can result in depression, self-harm and substance abuse as you try to numb your feelings. We’ll work together to change the way you perceive your situation and abandon strategies that no longer work. I will assist you to positively move forward.
In all instances, integrity, creativity and empathy guide my work. I have the capacity to help you identify your strengths and embark on a new path towards achieving your goals and fulfilling your dreams.
- Family Dispute Resolution
- Life transitions
- Low self-esteem
- Post-natal depression
- Counselling Supervision
- Cross-cultural issues
- Gender issues
- Vietnamese speaking
- Bachelor of Counselling & Human Change
- Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution
- ACA Certified Clinical Supervisor
- Black Dog Institute trained R.E.A.C.H. Support Group Facilitator for Depression & Bi-polar mood disorders
- Black Dog Institute Perinatal in Practice Professional Education Program
- Member of Australian Counselling Association (ACA No. 9763)
- Member of Australian Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists (ARCAP)
- Practitioner Member of Mediation Institute No. 0148
- Member of the Australian & NZ Mental Health Association
- Member of PANDA (Post and Ante-natal Depression Association Inc.)
- Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner Reg. R1004886
- Professionally Insured
- Private Health Insurance rebates may be available to eligible health fund members. An individual’s eligibility to benefits may be affected by annual limits and waiting periods. Please check with your health fund provider directly.
- Provider for: Bupa, Medibank Private, ahm Health, Grand United, Police Health